Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Interesting CEO Blog Stat

Just got an email from WOMMA with the following info about CEOs who blog:

"Only 7% of CEO's are blogging and only 18% plan to start in the next two years. Those are the results of a joint survey conducted by PR Week and Burston-Marsteller.

Even though many CEO's are not blogging themselves, they do still continue to value them as a mode of communication. Other findings include:

* 47% called blogs useful for internal communications
* 59% called blogs useful for external communications
* 41% favor blogs for communicating news and ideas quickly
* 36% favor blogs for collecting feedback "

Here's a list of CEOs who do blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian C said...

I thought this post was interesting, especially because I have just recently gotten into blogging and also asked several CEOs and executive-level business people what their thoughts were on blogs. It was really just a random survey I took as they asked me questions about why I blog. But I realized that most of them thought it was interesting but had NO plans to do it because of the time commitment. Most thought creating a corporate blog or having a staffer do it was about as far as the idea would get. I agree that blogging takes a lot of time; I also agree that it is a great way to communicate ideas and information. You can even meet new people and find new business opportunities through blogging. My blog has been a great way to do all of those things - I've been surprised at how many people read my blog and engage me in conversation about my ideas. I don't know if I'll be blogging 5 years from now, but so far it seems to have been a good thing. I guess everyone has to figure that out for themselves - and I'm sure we'll see successful bloggers and non-bloggers alike.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home