Friday, November 03, 2006

What do you listen to while you work?

With the launch of the new and improved FundingUniverse.com, everyone on the team has shared the responsibility of rating the 3,000+ business plans already posted on the site. Fortunately, we use an algorithm that makes rating plans very simple because there are few subjective judgments to be made.

During the hours of business plan rating, I keep myself sane with a steady flow of background music. I've discovered that not all good music makes for good "work music".

For instance, I'm a huge hip-hop fan, but great MCs have a way of getting their rhyme style to the front of my mind and breaking my focus. Soundgarden is grunge at it's finest, but it's just a little too power chord/distortion heavy to allow for any free flow of thought.

I've been getting things done with Counting Crows, Fat Boy Slim, Ben Folds, Rascal Flatts and a mix of instrumentals.

What do you listen to when you work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home