Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bill Gates is Sending me $1M

Brock Blake said that I would get a million dollars from Bill Gates if I wrote a post about five things people don't know about me.

Here goes ...

1) I was the singer for a rock/roll band called Aberdine back in my glory days. We were kind of a blend between Johnny Cash, Pearl Jam and the Black Crowes. It was just something we did for fun, but we ended up selling about 1,000 CDs and playing enough gigs to pay for a couple months rent.

2) I graduated from high school with a 2.15ish GPA. Although I was able to rebound from my high school daze and obtain a university degree, I still have a bad taste in my mouth for university and high school education systems. Good things happen in schools, but not often enough.

3) My unfinished, non-air conditioned attic was the first headquarters for FundingUniverse. It was at least 90 degrees up there for most of the summer of 2004. Trent and I had some great meetings up there. Good times, good times ...

4) When I grow up, I'm going to a sportswriter. When I was in school, I covered BYU men's basketball for the Daily Universe and I loved it. I can't say I was very good at it, but if it payed better, I'd be doing it right now.

5) In 1996 I danced with Lauryn Hill backstage at the Smokin' Grooves tour stop at Fresno State University. Okay, maybe it would be more accurate to say that I danced very near her but she probably didn't even notice I was there. Either way, me and my buddy Brian Cotta sneaked back stage while Ziggy Marley was playing and found ourselves in the middle of a party with Lauryn, Q-Tip (Tribe Called Quest), Wyclef Jean (Fugees), Busta Rhymes, B Real (Cypress Hill) and about two dozen other crew members.

Bill, I'm waiting for my check.

I tag Chip, Chad and Josh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home