Friday, March 16, 2007

Breaking news: Congrats to Five GOED Finalists!

Big shout out to the five finalists who will be presenting at the Utah Economic Summit for a shot at a $100,000 investment:
An ultra-big big shout out to all of the semi-finalists who all easily could have made the finals:
If I'm an angel in Utah, I'm licking my chops right now. All of these companies are fundable, in my humble opinion -- yet not the kind of humble opinion that should be construed as a recommendation. :)

Disclosure: Brock and I are very small share holders in Rahster/OnCampusSports, one of the finalist companies. We went out of our way to offer no opinion or vote regarding OCS's selection into the finals or semi-finals. In the interest of avoiding a conflict of interest, neither of us voted for OCS in any round of the selection process.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JibberJobber Guy said...

this is a pretty cool list - encouraging stuff coming out of Utah!

Could you post on some of the other Utah companies - stuff you like or wish they would improve? I think your take/perspective would be refreshing.

Jason Alba
CEO - JibberJobber.com

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Great idea, Jason. After tomorrow's competition, I'll share a few of my opinions (for what they're worth) on the competing companies and do my best to keep writing about the promising companies we see here at FundingUniverse.

Note: Xapio will be pitching in place of Precision Surveying Solutions at the event tomorrow. We're bummed that P.S.S. couldn't make it, but Xapio is a very strong company that won't leave anyone at the competition disappointed.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home